Infrastructure Ontario & Ellis Don Infrastructure
Contracted Value/Payment Mechanism:
The new Kipling Bus Terminal formed part of the Kipling GO station and the Toronto Transit Commission’s Kipling subway station. Infrastructure Ontario partnered with Ellis Don to revitalize the station by integrating the subway, GO regional rail and bus services into one transit hub. This hub is an inter-regional station – allowing users to access multiple types of transit in one central location. The Project will included:
- Elevated pedestrian bridge;
- Private driveway, bicycle and pedestrian access with signalized intersections;
- Parking updates with improved pedestrian and bicycle access;
- Pedestrian underground tunnel; and
- Pedestrian dedicated pickup/drop-off location.
The modernization to the Kipling Bus Terminal heightens the GO Regional Express Rail program – reducing traffic, improving accessibility and cutting down travel time. WT Partnership was employed to provide Lenders’ Technical Advisory services on behalf of Ellis Don.
Photo Credit: Metrolinx