You just have to set the behaviors correctly, by being OPEN, wanting to CREATIVELY SOLVE ISSUES and maintaining FLEXIBILITY to strike the best possible deal.
Meet Cameron and Jessica from The Development Partners Corporation (DPC). These guys are awesome…
- They’ve done their homework and attended some of Jane Doe’s community engagement meetings.
- They’ve done further research on the mission of the Department of Widgets and look at what they have done in the past.
- They have set out a manifesto of how their values relate / intermesh with the Department and have a clear message on what differentiates them in light of the MISSION.
- Thankfully, Cameron and Jessica have been given the structure and support to be accountable within DPC. This means they have strict autonomy to work with Jane on deal points with the mandate from their board to ‘get the right deal done’.
- Carefully selecting partners who show the same vision and shared goals as the mission and project objectives, they have established an internal culture of partnership.
- They lead from the front with personality and accountability for driving the best outcome for their team and the Department.
- They are PROBLEM SOLVERS, not COMPLAINERS.
- They arrive at every meeting with the mindset that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE and they show patience when things change.
They sound like a dream to work with…. Right?