University of California, Merced
Contract Term / Payment Mechanism:
35 Years /Availability-Based
Plenary Properties Merced (PPM)
The UC Merced 2020 Project saw University of California Merced campus expand to support a significant increase in student intake including enhancements to academic, administrative, research, recreational, student residence and student services buildings, utilities and infrastructure, outdoor recreation and open space areas, and associated roadways, parking and landscaping delivered over 22 facilities with an addition of 1m square feet of program to the existing Campus. The Project reached Substantial Completion in 2020, delivered on schedule and below the $1.3bn (USD) budget. The UC Merced 2020 Project was the first higher education P3 project of its kind within the US.
WT provided Owners’ Representative and Lead Project Management services in a PMO arrangement based in Central California for the duration of the project delivery.
This five-year term saw the WT team administer the Contract on behalf of the Owner including;
• Owners Representation, Project / Contract Management & Team Leadership;
• Design Review & Management;
• Stakeholder Management;
• Construction Review & Management;
• Commercial Management, Cost Estimating, Change Control, QA, Document Management and Information Systems;
• Laboratory Fit Out & Move Management; and
• Operations & Maintenance advisory.
Woods Bagot and Crawford Architects (both Australian-American businesses) joined the WT team to assist in all matters of design review, management, and stakeholder coordination.