Contract Term / Payment Mechanism:
Design Build Finance (DBF)
Bird Construction Company
Infrastructure Ontario is diligently working to ameliorate Ontario’s community safety through updated policing operations by streamlining Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) facilities across the great Canadian province. Each of the facilities are targeting a minimum LEED Silver standard.
The project will bring about nine (9) new detachments, which will effectively replace the existing buildings towards the tail-end of the end of their effectiveness as facilities. The nine new detachments are as follows:
- Huron County Detachment – Clinton;
- Port Credit Detachment – Mississauga;
- Hawkesbury Detachment – Hawkesbury;
- Manitoulin Island Detachment – Little Current;
- Marathon Detachment – Marathon;
- Parry Sound Detachment – Parry Sound;
- Fort Frances Detachment – Fort Frances;
- Moosonee Detachment – Moosonee; and
- Orillia Detachment.
WT Partnership have been contracted to provide Independent Certification services for the Phase 2 development stage.
Photo Credit: Infrastructure Ontario