Major Projects Victoria
$1.4 Billion AUD
Contract Term / Payment Mechanism:
25 Years / Availability-Based
Wood Bagot & NHArchitecture
The new Melbourne Convention Centre is fully integrated with the existing Melbourne Exhibition Centre to create the most versatile and advanced convention and exhibition center in the Southern Hemisphere.
Constructed under a P3 contract, the center is accredited with the first 6 star green star environmental rating in Australia for a convention center, it offers visitors a mix of natural light and fresh air while using a range of power saving initiatives.
In what is another first, the 5,000-seat Plenary Hall can be divided into three self-contained, accoustically separate halls, offering clients greater flexibility with their event planning.
The convention centre also features:
- John Batman Theatre – seats 1,519;
- Latrobe Theatre – seats 494;
- Bellarine – seats up to 2,500 for a plenary session, 1,800 for a gala dinner or 500 for a self-contained conference including plenary, break-outs, catering and registration;
- Small meeting rooms – seat between 30 – 800;
- Up to 7,300 m² carpeted exhibition space;
- Dedicated media room;
- Organiser’s offices; and
- Registration/reception areas.
WT prepared Builders Quantities for two of the three consortia bidders and undertook the role of Independent Certifier for the project financier.