Plenary Group/Government of Newfoundland and Labrador/Western Regional Health Authority
The development of a new 164-bed facility at the current site of Western Memorial Hospital in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, encompasses an anticipated scale of approximately 600,000 SF. The new seven-story hospital will be connected to the existing 145-bed long-term care facility and enhance the scope of clinical services currently provided, including an expanded cancer care program and radiation services.
WT Partnership will continue to build upon it’s growing North American P3 Advisory portfolio, acting in the role of Independent Certifier on the project, in concert with the winning Corner Brook Healthcare Partnership consortium (listed below) and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador:
- Plenary Group (respondent team lead, active oversight, asset management)
- PCL (co-equity provider, design-builder)
- Marco Services Limited (design-builder)
- Parkin Architects Limited/ B+H Architects – architects in a joint venture (design firm co-leads)
- John Hearn Architects (local design firm)
- Johnson Controls Canada (service provider)
- Smith and Anderson Consulting Engineering (mechanical and electrical design)
- WSP Canada (structural design)
- R.V. Anderson Associate Limited (civil design)
- G.J. Cahill (mechanical contractor)
- Plan Group (electrical contractor)
In the coming months, the team will work toward reaching financial and commercial close. Construction is expected to begin later this summer and is slated for completion by 2023.